Sunday, May 23, 2010

A week of development!
















Well, this week has been interesting......





Let's start with Lillian. Some times I think I'm raising a teen! She gets that attitude from her momma! Oh I know it when I see it, don't worry I can admit it to myself, but she's worse than I ever was, according to my parents. Lillian is fully potty trained even through the nite! She has now gone an entire week with no diapers, not even at nite. She brushes her teeth by herself. She went in the kitchen this week and with the use of her step made herself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with a glass of milk and my kitchen didn't blow up! Too fast, this is too fast! She loves to ride her bike, go for walks, fly her fish kite, draw, color, paint play with homemade playdough, play ball, garden, take pictures, cook, rock climb, swing, run, and everything else she is capable of. We are working on her counting and alphabet. She loves her word puzzles and picture cards. Lillian is in sunbeams and she's do "great". Last week during sharing time her teacher looked away for what seemes like a few seconds and when she turned back Lillian was down to her undies! That girl loves to be naked! It's a war all day keeping her clothed. She is really having a difficult time giving up the thumb also, you'd think it was a drug. I am so glad that we didn't give Liam a binky.
Liam..... he knows what I'm talking about when I tell him things, or ask him questions. He just isn't ready to talk. He wants to speak but he just isn't forming the words. He knows up and down, pick up, floor, feet, face, tongue, milk, food, tired, sleep, nap, bye-bye, walk, park, ball, etc. It's so hard to him get frustrated, I make hime try to say it before I'll give or do what he wants. Also, having had a girl first, he seems so slow. The doctor says he's okay for now. He is content playing by himself, but he and Lillian play together alot as well. He doesn't seem to like anything I feed him right now except, plain yogurt, fresh fruit, granola, soup and breads. He does very well with a cup. He only wants to use a fork to eat and he uses his left hand (Anna). He is still taking his 3 hr nap in the early morning and then his hour around 4 in the afternoon. He loves to take baths, and brush his teeth, crazy right? He climbs and pushes chairs wherever he wants to go and get into. Liam is 22lbs and 34" tall and 17 months old. He went to nuirsery today and he did VERY well! Yeah!
Kelly is back to work and working hard, 6 days a week and usually 12 hrs a day, plus 2 hrs total of commute time to and from. He leaves around 530am and returns home around 730pm. Typical tuff shed summer, but we are VERY grateful! At least he NEVER works Sundays! I have a new calling in Relief Society over visiting teaching district. Kelly is still in the Sunday School presidency.
I am doing very well! I start my nutrition class next week, online for the summer. In the fall I am taking German 2, Biology and Chemistry. The school is requiring the Nutrition majors to take them at the same time and within the first 2 semesters of attending. I really wish that I would have taken them sooner, oh well, I can't change that now, moving on! I really LOVE my major, I am so glad they finally implimented this program here in Denver! I received a B in my German class and an A in my Nutrition class! Wahoo! My GPA was a 3.5!!!! I am so excited! So, I think that's it. I am still trying to get work and daycare for the kids so that I can work.

The weather has been windy, typical spring in the mile high city. It was 87 on Friday. My father has bought the items needed to plant a garden and that will happen this week. My dad has been diagnosed with Diabetes, but he is adjusting to his diet. My mother has vertigo and has taken 2 weeks off for therapy. That's it for now! Love you all, take care.

2 comments:

  1. Soooooooo glad that things are going well in your neck of the woods. Being a parent and wife is hard, yet so rewarding. Very proud of you. Those babies of yours are growing like weeds. More beautiful than ever.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love being able to feel like I'm there with you! More posts like this please! :)

    ReplyDelete