Monday, August 9, 2010

A Break....

So, my class is finally over and I got an 87%, not very good, but it'll have to do. I now have some breathing room until we start again on the 23rd of August! Wahoo! I'm still having some health issues that the doctor can't figure out. I have all the symptoms of the "P" word, but all the tests have been negative and that was a relief! I am tired all the time and very emotional, along with all the other "stuff" including nausea. So the best my doctor can come up with is anxiety, stress and not enough sleep. She thinks that I am not getting enough sleep so I am taking melatonin now, talk about a train wreck! Wow! So I'm averaging 9 hrs a night right now, we'll see how long that works. This semester I am taking Chem and Bio, in class T/Th/S. Kelly is taking classes T/Th and working M/W/F. Kelly still can't decide on a major..... I know that whatever he decides that he'll be great at it!
He was in a car wreck on Saturday on the way back from a job. Totaled the Buick in front of him because the initial hit spun the Buick around to face him. He was driving the 350 flatbed wk truck. He looked down for a quick moment and then there was brake lights. His co-worker was asleep at the time. The truck was smashed on the front and the frame was rubbing on the wheel all the way back to the shop. Everyone is okay, thank goodness! They're having Kelly take a standard drug test, hahaha, and he can't drive anymore (for work). This means that he'll always be on team builds but he has his job still. Apparently this isn't a first for the company. The police officer cited Kelly for careless driving but told him they'll take care of him at the courthouse because he has no record. His court date is set in September. I am so grateful that no one was seriously hurt. Kelly started noticing back pain later that night..... Lillian and Liam keep getting a cold from nursery and sunbeams!!!!!! This is rediculous!!!!!! Okay, enough of that.
We've had wonderful thunder and lightening storms around here, it's been gorgeous. The weather's been holding in the upper 80's and lower 90's for weeks now.
My family came for a visit the 27th July - 4 August. It was my aunt Linda and uncle Tommie from England, my aunt Barbara and uncle Donnie from Ca, my cousin Heather and her guy and then my mom's highschool buddy Mike and his wife Glory came up both the cousin and friend were from New Mexico. So we had a lot of people for a while, but it was very nice! I love my Aunts! We went to Estes Park, the Garden of the Gods, and the Cave of Winds to name a few places. We also went to the King Tut exhibit at the Denver Art Museum. It was amazing! I was told that after it leaves Denver it's going home forever, so I am very glad that I was able to see it.
Just after the company left, or the day of, the water heater decided to stop working. We've been taking cold showers ever since. The repair guy tried to "band-aid" the problem until the part comes in, but that worked all of about 5 hours. He's here again trying to make it work. I'm okay and so are the kids, but mom and K and dad have not been alright with it. I'm just so happy this didn't happen in the Winter! Ice shower anyone? It's not too bad, about like showering off before you get into a pool.
Liam is trying so hard to talk and we're reading to him a lot. Both the kids are really transforming, it's so wonderful and sad at the same time to watch them grow. Lillian might start dance classes this fall on Mondays. It's only 48$ a month for once a week. I have to do something, it's almost $350/mth for 1-2 days a week for pre-school. So we try to play games, like flash cards, and coloring, painting during the day. Also a little over and hr and a half of reading throughout the day and riding bikes, etc. We do some cooking to learn measurements, one day at a time...... Lillian also loves to help clean, so does Liam, I'll be enjoying that for as long as it'll last! Lillian's hair is still growing out, but her bangs are finally even again!!!!!! We went to Carters and bought some clothes last week. When she rand everything up, it was over $230, so I said that I had to put some stuff back. Well, after all the coupons she gave me, I left there for $115, holy cow! I told her that I hoped she has someone do the same for her someday when she has kids! Lillian is growing out of everything, it seems like I buy it and she only gets to wear it twice if she's lucky! That child is growing like a weed! I can't believe she'll be 4 in November and that Liam will be 2......
I am still looking for work in a salon, this is a bit rediculous!!!! I'm also going to look into retail in September for holiday work. Anyhow, I will post a few "posts" with just pictures. We pray that you are all well, much love! The Grieve Family

No comments:

Post a Comment